Three additional suspects, Tumishang Mogau Mabutla, 23, Ofentse Senwamadi, 18, and Thabang Kenneth Mothwa, 27, were formally added as accused. The court ordered that the face of one of the accused should not be shown because he did not have a legal representative in court.
Image: NPA
THREE more suspects have been charged for the murder of 22-year-old e-hailing driver Isaac Satlat, bringing the total number of accused to six.
Tumishang Mogau Mabutla (23) and his girlfriend, Ofentse Senwamadi (18), both from Atteridgeville, along with Thabang Kenneth Mothwa (27) from Saulsville, appeared in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday.
According to the NPA regional spokesperson Lumka Mahanjana, Mabutla is facing charges of premeditated murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances.
Satlat was killed on February 11, 2026.
Sunday Tribune has previously reported on the arrest of one of the initial suspects, who appeared before the Atteridgeville Magistrate’s Court on Monday, facing charges that include murder and carjacking.
Mahanjana added that Senwamadi has been charged with premeditated murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances as an accessory after the fact, while Mothwa faces a charge of robbery with aggravating circumstances as an accessory after the fact.
Mahanjana said that the three accused acted in common purpose with the other three co-accused who previously appeared in court, Dikeledi Tears Mphela, Goitsione Machidi and McClaren Mushwana in the killing of Satlat.
“It is alleged that the three accused, who previously appeared before the Pretoria Magistrates' Court on February 16, together with the co-accused added today, acted in common purpose to kill the 22-year-old e-hailing driver on 11 February 2026,” Mahanjana said.
She alleged that after disposing of the deceased’s body, the accused took the vehicle of the deceased to Mothwa for him to remove the tracker from the vehicle.
Police arrested the latest suspects on Monday, February 16, after investigations linked them to the offences.
The matter has been postponed to February 23 to allow the legal representative of accused number six to be on record and for all six accused to appear together in court.
Related Topics: